Sunday, January 20, 2013

Windows of Obsession

Yesterday, my beloved and I worked on replacing our picket fence which had become an embarrassment and made us the laughing stock of the block. It was pretty exhausting, but after a nap I was able to get into the studio.  I am a Virgo and for anyone who doesn't believe in astrology that's fine, but when I read the description for Virgos they pretty much have me pegged. The primary characteristics of us Virgos are that we are detail-oriented perfectionists and meticulous to the nth degree. These characteristics are all manifesting themselves in the part of my painting I am working on right now.

I am painting one of the windows of the house and am trying to capture the levels of shadow that I see in my reference photo. It took me several hours to mix the paint to the exact color I wanted (warm gray but not too warm) and then to get the values right for each part of the shadow. I've got that step done. Step two will be painting the window pane. Wait till you see the obsession involved with that!

2 comments:

  1. I do believe in Astrology I do I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Anonymous person! Now I just need to figure out who you are...

    ReplyDelete